We wish all families a safe, relaxing and happy Christmas holiday. School resumes on Monday 7 January 2019.
Building Extension and Hygiene Area Renovation Update
Friday, December 21st, 2018
Our building extension is now well underway. What’s happened so far?
– Works progressing well, foundations are now complete.
– Substructure brick and blockwork are also complete.
– Preparation for floor slab installation complete including ‘pop up’ drainage within the footprint of the main build, installation of damp proof courses and adaptions to steel frame.
– Pre cast concrete slabs have been lifted into position via crane.
When completed, this extension will give us 5 new classrooms and associated hygiene areas, designed to meet the current building code recommendations. The project should be completed by july 2019.
Our Primary Hygiene area is also being renovated and should be completed by the February half-term.
• Additional supports have been put into walls and ceilings to accommodate supports for hoist system.
• 1st fix electrical works are now complete.
• Plasterboard works near completion and plastering works have now commenced.
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 20th, 2018
Four senior students have been selected to participate in a mentoring scheme called ‘Unlocking Potential’ run by the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust and AQA; Darina, Matthew, Cameron H, and Cameron J. This is a year-long scheme aimed at unlocking hidden skills and developing new ones, and positively improving students’ mental wellbeing. As part of this, they work with an athlete mentor – ours is Anna Turney; a Paralympian and World Cup downhill skier, who will visit them over the course of the year, as well as meeting us in Manchester and London at group events, and help the students plan and deliver a social action project.