Shakespeare’s Birthday 23rd April
Spring themed stories and poems
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- Superworm by Julia Donaldson
- Oi Frog by Kes Gray
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Look at Music Therapy Works on Facebook and Instagram for musical activities.
- Make your own shaker with rice in a plastic bottle.
- Watch and dance along with some Maypole dancing on YouTube.
Spring Sensory Cookery
- Make some flower shaped biscuits together. Explore the textures of the ingredients. Ice them with Spring flower coloured icing.
- Try some new smells and tastes of fruits and vegetables.
St George’s Day 23rd April
- Make a tissue paper red rose of England.
- Paint a St. George’s Flag.
- Make a helmet and shield and act out being St George fighting the Dragon.
- Make a toilet roll and carrier bag dragon.
- Plant some cress seeds on cotton wool in yogurt pots/plates. - see video for help -
- Sit in the garden and listen to the birds singing. Are there any feathers to feel on the grass?
- Explore twigs and sticks. Can you make a nest?
- Can you spot some caterpillars and butterflies?
- Can you find some tadpoles or frogs?
- Do a Spring Nature Hunt.
History - Theme - Flight
Check out BBC Bitesize for more information.
Geography - Volcanoes.